Miriam Kepler added that the disks gravitating around young stars are the actual birthplaces of new planets, but very few observations detected any signs of baby planets there so far.
This is a great discovery for those on Earth, which is 4.5 billion year old planet.The new discovery may be young, but it is huge: many times in Jupiter's shape, which can fit within 1,300 planets of the planet.
The scientists hope this documentation will allow them to better understand how planets formed in our own solar system - including Earth.
From the observations, astronomers found that the planet has a temperature of about 1,832 degrees Fahrenheit (1,000 degrees Celsius), which makes the gas giant way too toasty for life at this point.
An global team of scientists has discovered a young planet - only 5 or 6 million years old - making its way through space and possibly moving on the way.Scientists captured a picture, which they say is that the first direct image of the birth of a planet is still being created around a star.
You can find out more about planet PDS 70b here.
This is literally an image of a planet emerging from a disk of gas and debris. "Even when blocking the light from a star with a coronagraph, SPHERE still has to use cleverly devised observing strategies and data processing techniques to filter out the signal of the faint planetary companions around bright young stars at multiple wavelengths and epochs". More studies are going on for analysing the circular disc around the baby planet. Despite being so close to the star in the photo, the planet is actually located about 3 billion kilometers (~1.86B miles) away from the star in space.
"Keppler's results give us a new window onto the complex and poorly-understood early stages of planetary evolution", comments André Müller, leader of the second team to investigate the young planet.
"The theoretical provides us with an unprecedented opportunity to test theoretical models of planet formation", said Andre Muller, a member of the research team.
- National Basketball Association free agency rumors: Mario Hezonja receives contract offer from Knicks
- Energy companies lead US stocks lower amid trade worries
- Pompeo speaks with Russian FM on Trump-Putin meeting
- Tiger frustrated after ruining fine start at National
- Three Indicted in Violent Kidnapping of 'Halloween' Franchise Star
- Roger Federer rolls past Lacko to tie Jimmy Connors' record — ATP Wimbledon
- Trapped Thai boys get diving lessons as rescuers plan extraction
- Trump Says Talks with North Korea are 'Going Well'
- Climber, protesters at Statue of Liberty
- It’s a boy! Ayesha and Steph Curry welcome third child