On a similar note, we wonder if Google Duplex would be able to understand when a customer is calling with a bad attitude and respond with an appropriate amount of sass.
IF talking to call centre drones wasn't irritating enough, Google has announced plans to robotise them. Google says the main goal of Duplex is to use AI to call businesses on your behalf.
According to The Information, Google has taken an interest in using Duplex to replace human workers at call centres. "We're now focused on consumer use cases for the Duplex technology where we can help people get things done, rather than applying it to potential enterprise use cases".
Of course, this does not rule out a wider availability for Duplex in the future, especially as Amazon now offers Alexa for Business, while Google in the past has made other technologies available to Cloud customers.
"It's important that we get the experience right, and we're taking a slow and measured approach as we incorporate learnings and feedback from our tests".
Amazon offers a similar service, opening Alexa's underlying technology to enterprise customers past year.
One potential Google customer, a large insurance company, is looking at ways it can use the technology, according to the person with knowledge of the project, including for call centres where the voice assistant could handle simple and repetitive customer calls while humans step in when the conversations get more complicated. To no one's surprise, it looks like at least one major company is discussing the use of Duplex for customer service calls. This service offered by Google Cloud uses the core speech recognition technology used by Search and Assistant. In fact, ethical concerns have apparently slowed down work on the product. Suddenly the world was anxious that people in the future would not know whether they were talking to humans or machines. As we wait for Duplex testing to start rolling out publicly, a new report suggests that smartphone users aren't the only ones anxiously awaiting its debut, and that companies running big call centers are also taking a deep look at what Duplex could do for them.
- Tony Parker Agrees To Deal With Hornets; Spent 17 Years With Spurs
- Carmelo Anthony Rumors: Rockets Interested Once Thunder Reach Contract Buyout
- Marcus Smart Frustrated He Hasn't Heard From Celtics In Free Agency
- Syrian rebels in south agree to resume talks with Russian Federation
- Trudeau says he ‘apologized’ to groped female reporter, but did nothing wrong
- EPA head Scott Pruitt is gone, but his mission continues
- There are reports China is delaying United States imports from entering the country
- Trailer Talk: Aish's Fanney Khan Makes An Impression
- Hawaii to ban sale of sunscreen containing chemicals damaging to coral reefs
- Ontario Premier Doug Ford revokes carbon pricing regulation