Motorcycle daredevil Travis Pastrana pulled off an incredible triple feat in Las Vegas by successfully recreating three of late stuntman Evel Knievel's most famous jumps on live TV.
Pastrana idolized Knievel growing up, and paid tribute to him by wearing his trademark American-flag themed jumpsuit and using a similar motorcycle to the one he originally tried the jump with.
"Man, it's been such an honor and been an awesome career".
Knievel, who died in 2007 at age 69, came up short on his attempt at jumping the fountain, hitting the knuckle just before the landing ramp and losing control.
"The other jumps I was able to keep the bike nice and cool", he explained.
"This is all about Evel, and the coolest thing about this whole thing, all of Evel's family is out here", said Pastrana.
Knievel's son Robbie successfully jumped the fountains in 1989, but as a one-off jump. "This is the most iconic jump in stunt lore".
Next up will be a re-creation of Knievel's 1975 bus jump - only Pastrana will attempt to clear 16 Greyhounds to his predecessor's 14.
The 34-year-old Pastrana celebrated by taking one final jump ─ without his motorcycle ─ into the fountain.
And, in the end, Pastrana did what any of us would have done if we had just completed a deadly 149-foot jump over a water fountain on a 340 pound bike.
Even with just a 200-foot run-off area, Pastrana made the final and most hard jump (a record length of 149 feet) look easy, even performing a NASCAR-style two-wheeled burnout in celebration.
- Prince Louis's six godparents revealed ahead of christening
- Take a selfie with God and I will resign: President Rodrigo Duterte
- Boullier resigns as McLaren boss, Hamilton looking to bounce back at Silverstone
- France forward Kylian Mbappe's meteoric rise like Lionel Messi - Nacer Chadli
- Human West Nile virus case confirmed in Oklahoma County
- Gal Gadot dresses as Wonder Woman to surprise kids at children's hospital
- Thanos Brings Balance To Reddit
- Webb Simpson's 9-under 61 leads PGA event in West Virginia
- Dick Cheney Interview Teased for New Sacha Baron Cohen Show
- Jack Wilshere joins West HamUtd on a free transfer after leaving Arsenal