England celebrated reaching the Soccer World Cup semi-finals for the first time in a generation as Russian Federation came to terms yesterday with a heartbreaking exit from their own party. Figures reveal that England's victory was watched by almost 20 million viewers on BBC One.
"The match received an incredible 3.9 million programme requests online. with a record 3.8 million of them live, making it the BBC's highest online-viewed live programme, ever".
There is no doubt English football fans are celebrating their nation's World Cup success hard, but not everyone is impressed by the antics of a select few. Four European teams remain in the race for the trophy.
It is expected that a significant influx of England fans will attempt to reach Moscow and get tickets for Wednesday's semifinal against Croatia.
After the game versus Sweden, Pickford was spotted with a bandage on his hand, which sparked concerns for the 'keeper given his importance to the side in the knockout stage. They advanced to the quarter-finals after a dramatic win over Colombia, which tied the game just seconds before it ended.
Alli isn't the first player to bust out a Fortnite dance during the World Cup - France's Antoine Griezmann and Alli's England teammate Jesse Lingard have also inflicted similar emotes on millions watching all over the world.
IKEA said it was aware of the incident, but did not give information about damages and replied that it is both Swedish and British.
Everton's Jordan Pickford has won major praise in this World Cup. The Manchester City goalkeeper, omitted from Gareth Southgate's World Cup squad, batted at No.9 and made six in the Birmingham League match.
- Germany, China seek alliance over trade spat with US
- 1 dead, 1 missing as helicopter crashes into condo complex in Virginia
- Preventative HIV vaccine candidate triggers desired immune responses
- Prince Louis's six godparents revealed ahead of christening
- Loved-up Harry and Meghan shun royal protocol
- Starbucks Announces Plans to Ban Single-Use Plastic Straws by 2020
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp' Buzzes to No. 1
- Boullier resigns as McLaren boss, Hamilton looking to bounce back at Silverstone
- First person removed from Thai cave on second day of rescue mission
- Gal Gadot dresses as Wonder Woman to surprise kids at children's hospital