In a clip from an interview with Savannah Guthrie on NBC's Today that will be aired on Monday, Guthrie asked the actress if there was any "red flag" that could have alerted her about Spacey's alleged behaviour.
Spacey, 58, was sacked from the sixth and final season of the Netflix political drama in November, days after actor Anthony Rapp accused him of making a sexual advance toward him in 1986 when Rapp was 14.
"Robin led all of this charge so that people would save their livelihoods, because when the show goes away, some people don't get paid", Clarkson explained.
"House of Cards" Season 6 will debut on Netflix later this year. He was so great with me and was never disrespectful to me, so that's my personal experience. But Spacey's role on the show came to an end in November, when actor Anthony Rapp told BuzzFeed News that Spacey made sexual advances on him when he was 14 years old.
Since October, Wright has distanced herself from the scandal, which saw multiple men come forward claiming that Spacey had inappropriately behaved towards them.
"At that time, the shock was so intense all over the nation - for many reasons, many stories, many people. That's the only thing I feel that I have the right to talk about". "I think that everybody felt it was respectful to back off".
"I didn't know the man", Wright said. "I knew the incredible craftsman that he is", she said.
She also claimed to have been subjected to sexual harassment in her own career, though not at Spacey's hands, and said that she doesn't believe sexual misconduct is an issue of lust as much as it is of lust for power.
The sixth and final season of the show has been shortened to eight episodes and includes major cast additions Diane Lane, Greg Kinnear and Cody Fern.
- Thai cave rescue: Remaining boys wait for operation to resume
- After marathon meeting, United Kingdom leaders endorse Brexit trade plan
- Manafort Asks Judge To Move Virginia Trial From DC Suburb To Roanoke
- Tropical storm Chris is third named storm of 2018 Hurricane season
- Tropical Storm Chris forms off the Carolinas, generating unsafe surf
- 30 drunken seagulls baffle vets treating them at RSPCA centre
- David Davis quits as Brexit Secretary leaving Theresa May facing a crisis
- Pakistan vs Australia T20I Tri-series final Match 6
- Turkey train derails en route to Istanbul, killing 10
- Vettel wrecks Hamilton’s home party with stunning Ferrari win