Love binge-watching Netflix? Well if you are a subscriber to the company's Premium plan, you might end up shelling out more for the service.
Some reports indicate that a fourth tier, "ultra" would offer premium HDR streaming (although, its current premium package does already offer something called "ultraHD").
Netflix is testing some new plans. "In this case, we are testing slightly different price points and features to better understand how consumers value Netflix", the company said, according to USA Today.
The trial is now live in Europe but is expected to become globally available as the streaming giants attempt to improve its financial status. Priced at €16.99 ($19.88) per month, the Netflix ultra is the most expensive plan introduced to date that promises to offers ultra HD videos and audio streaming simultaneously. Maybe, this is why they have restricted the test of the new Ultra subscription to a few selected group countries in Europe.
TuttoAndroid originally reported on the new plans. Unfortunately, this means they are cutting back the Premium tier from four streams to just two streams.
"This feature is only offered on the website and has seen declining usage over time", said Netflix spokesperson Smita Saran.
At the moment, basic users can watch Netflix from one device at a time; standard plan allows two screens at a time; and premium allows for four screens at a time. Two years ago, Netflix saw a growth slowdown when it raised the Standard plan price by $2 for new members, while current subscribers got the increase over several months in 2016.
The company now has three subscription plans: $7.99 Basic, $10.99 Standard, and $13.99 Premium.
In 2011, Netflix lost 800,000 USA subscribers when it raised the prices for its plan offering streaming video and DVD rentals from $9.99 to $15.98.
- England 'absolutely good enough' to win World Cup says Sweden's Janne Andersson
- US job growth underscores economy's strength
- USA jobs report shows room to run as trade war threatens gains
- Mastermind behind 1995 Japan sarin-gas attack executed
- Trump Shines Spotlight on Shine - Thu., Jul. 5, 2018
- Trump hits new low by mocking #MeToo movement
- Sacramento's Bagley to get MRI on hip flexor, groin
- India vs England, 2nd T20I: Everything you need to know
- Ghana reacts to Russia-Croatia blockbuster
- Trump’s Mar-a-Lago wants to hire dozens of foreign workers