John Isner served the third-highest number of aces by a player in a single match in Wimbledon history, 64, en route to his 6-1 6-4 6-7 (6/8) 6-7 (3/7) 7-5 win over Ruben Bemelmans.
Novak Djokovic made it through to the third round at Wimbledon on Thursday with a straight sets win over Horacio Zeballos of Argentina.
Nadal had no cause to worry about getting caught up in a marathon match on Tuesday as he opened his Wimbledon campaign with a 6-3, 6-3, 6-2 win over Israel's Dudi Sela, the world 127.
Second seed Nadal is in to the third round for the eighth time where he will face Australian teenager Alex De Minaur.
Another break soon followed at the start of the second and there Djokovic pulled further clear when, on a fifth break point, at the end of a brilliant rally, Sandgren returned into the net.
Nadal pointed to his epic four hour 48 minute Wimbledon final against Roger Federer in 2008 - a match widely considered the best final ever played at the All England Club. "I can't understand when I make a mistake, I put my shorts the other way", Nadal said to laughter.
"I can't say, I don't want this umpire".
Through six games, this looked to be another early round struggle for the Spaniard, but he finished the first set in style.
This is not the first time the Spaniard has been spotted a supermarket.
German fourth seed Alexander Zverev beat world number 748 James Duckworth of Australia 7-5, 6-2, 6-0. Third seed Muguruza next faces Belgium's Alison Van Uytvanck.
67 - Consecutive service games won at Wimbledon by Federer, a streak that dates to last year's semifinals. He reached the quarterfinals on his Wimbledon debut in 2014 but had to retire with a hip injury in the first round previous year. Their second-round match was halted by rain on Wednesday with Fabbiano leading 7-6 (7), 6-3, 5-6.
The former world number one missed the 2016 event as she served a doping ban and was injured past year when she was planning to appear in the qualifying event.
Former Wimbledon champion Maria Sharapova lost in the first round for the first time in her career after a 6-7 (3) 7-6 (3) 6-4 defeat by Russian compatriot Vitalia Diatchenko.
- Trump enjoying drama ahead making of Supreme Court pick Monday night
- Webb Simpson's 9-under 61 leads PGA event in West Virginia
- France forward Kylian Mbappe's meteoric rise like Lionel Messi - Nacer Chadli
- Germany, China seek alliance over trade spat with US
- Federer brings back the SABR at Wimbledon
- Thanos Brings Balance To Reddit
- Oil dips in nervous markets with U.S., China on brink…
- Antonio Conte & brother send defiant message at training
- Jack Wilshere joins West HamUtd on a free transfer after leaving Arsenal
- Bihar girl alleges gang rape by school teachers and students