Juventus announced that Ronaldo has signed a four-year, $382 million contract until the end of June 2022, and that the transfer is valued at $117 million which will be paid over two years.
Ronaldo, 33, reached global superstar status after becoming the world's most expensive player when he joined Madrid from Manchester United in 2009.
The signing also strikes a blow for the profile of Serie A against La Liga, which has now lost two of its three most famous players in the past year after Paris Saint-Germain signed Neymar from Barcelona last August.
"Real Madrid wants to express its gratitude to a player who has proved to be the best in the world and who has marked one of the brightest times in the history of our club and world football".
Cristiano Ronaldo would be welcome at Juventus and Emre Can would relish the chance to play alongside the Real Madrid star.
"It was very nice to be at Real Madrid", he said (h/t the Irish Independent).
Cristiano Ronaldo implied that leaving the Spanish club for Italian champions Juventus was his decision, but was lavish in his praise for the club with which he won four Champions Leagues.
These years at Real Madrid, and in the city of Madrid, have been probably the happiest of my life.
"He also became Real Madrid's all-time record goalscorer, with 451 goals in 438 games".
However, I feel that the time has come to begin a new stage of my life and that is why I have asked the club to accept my transfer.
In a letter posted on Real's website, the multiple Ballon d'Or victor said his time in Madrid had been one of the happiest in his life. In total he won 16 trophies, among them four Champions League titles, three of them won consecutively and four over the last five seasons. Ronaldo has been the competition's top scorer for the past six years, having had scored the most goals in a single campaign (17).
Ronaldo led Portugal to its first major title at the European Championship two years ago in France.
- First Pictures Of Lucas Torreira In Arsenal Shirt After Completing £25m Move
- Trump administration takes another swipe at 'Obamacare'
- Buffon makes a prediction on Neymar after World Cup flaws
- Look for Goals Aplenty in the Belgium v
- Plane crashes outside South Africa’s Pretoria, at least 19 injured
- Five family members from New Jersey killed in Delaware Route 1 crash
- New role for Daventry MP after resignations from Brexit department
- All Kate Middleton's outfit details from Prince Louis' royal christening
- LeBron James signs with Lakers
- William Dunlop Killed In Skerries 100 Road Crash