The prime minister has warned the Tory party it must unite or face the prospect of Jeremy Corbyn in power.
Britain's new Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs Jeremy Hunt talks to the media outside the Foreign Office in central London, Britain, July 9, 2018.
After cracking heads last week, she managed to pull together a compromise that united most of cabinet but just two days later, she was hit by the resignation of Brexit negotiator David Davis, two junior cabinet ministers and now foreign secretary Boris Johnson.
The tousle-headed blond Johnson is one of Britain's best-known politicians, and one of the most prominent advocates for Brexit.
Mrs May is expected to tell MPs that the strategy agreed on at Chequers is the "right Brexit" for Britain.
Mr Johnson went on; "On Friday, I acknowledged that my side of the argument were too few to prevail and congratulated you on at least reaching a Cabinet decision on the way forward".
The Foreign Secretary quit his role in government hours after Mr Davis stood down as Brexit Secretary.
'The trouble is that I have practised the words over the weekend and find that they stick in the throat'.
She was not left in the clear by her MPs either, with challenges from hardline Brexiteers - with Peter Bone claiming campaigners had been "betrayed".
It was in the "ludicrous position" of offering to accept huge amounts of European Union laws that for decades British governments have argued against, yet with no say in how they are made.
Hunt, the MP for South West Surrey, has served as Health Secretary since 2012.
"Theresa May's Government is in meltdown", deputy leader of the Labour Party Tom Watson said.
There was no immediate statement from Johnson, another loud pro-Brexit voice within May's divided government.
"I would be surprised if one [a leadership contest] is precipitated and if there is, I suspect she'd win it", he said.
- Expect BoC rate hike next week, followed by a fall pause
- Iranian teen arrested for dancing on Instagram
- The New Orange Is The New Black Trailer Just Dropped
- Wimbledon 2018: Madison Keys Upset, Alexander Zverev Advances
- 'Three Lions' storms to No. 1 in English charts
- Family Displays Son's Body Playing NBA2K, Wearing Kyrie Irving Jersey At Wake
- Actor-Singer Tab Hunter Dies in Santa Barbara Days Before 87th Birthday
- Southgate tells England stars to 'be bigger than 1966 heroes'
- Syria says Israeli missiles strike airbase for third time
- Trump names conservative judge Brett Kavanaugh as Supreme Court nominee