"I am a bit resentful when people desperate to appear tolerant and broadminded demand that we all show how grown-up and open-minded we are by supporting England", she wrote. I'm an England fan and I have struggled to comprehend how, from 1990 when we came so close to reaching the final, we have never kicked on from there.
Belgium has never been to the final of a World Cup, but that's exactly what they look poised to do as the highest-ranked team (No. 3 in the latest Federation Internationale de Football Association rankings) left in the tournament. Given the money we have, that the Premier League is the biggest league in the world, and we've got St George's Park, we have what you need to be successful, so the minimum we...
England's surprise run in Russian Federation has brought them to a World Cup semifinal, a feat not achieved by any Three Lions side since 1990, and excitement has reached new heights following Saturday's convincing 2-0 quarterfinal win over Sweden in Samara.
Winning a World Cup can nearly reboot a whole nation.
He said: "If I didn't say Harry was my favourite England player, I would be a fool".
"They showed from the games I've seen so far that they play direct football and they are very fast".
"If you'd asked me before the tournament, I'd have been happy with this young team getting to the quarter-finals".
But with the euphoria of Saturday's win having turned into focus on Wednesday's match with Croatia, Trippier says England will be ready to go again in Moscow. I don't think so.
As England progressed into the quarter finals of the World Cup last week, an oft-overlooked north London tube station was suddenly thrust into the limelight.
Another side-effect was the necessity for wing backs, and who better than the energetic Young and Trippier?
But it's more than just England's crossing ability.
Enjoy this moment, let the lads go out there and play without pressure.
"But if they play three up top, it's not wise".
I want England to have that feeling of staying grounded - until you have hold of the trophy. "Maybe that's because they are quite young and have their careers still in front of them".
- WhatsApp takes first step to counter fake news
- Crowd of Critics Confronts Mitch McConnell in Kentucky Restaurant Parking Lot
- Barcelona’s Paulinho returns to China's Guangzhou
- England makes final four for 1st time since '90
- Elon Musk brings mini-sub to cave
- Royals gather for Prince Louis christening
- Jaded Croatia look to master Modric to carry them through against England
- Sometimes we say dumb things: Hamilton backtracks while Ferrari boss attacks Mercedes
- Third rescue mission to save trapped soccer kids underway
- Croatia search for missing sparks ahead of England clash