England defender Ashley Young laughed at suggestions the team were bored during their World Cup stay in Russian Federation saying it's all felt "like a good holiday".
But the Tottenham Hotspur player, who grew up in Portugal and answered questions from Brazilian media in fluent Portuguese, says that a great part of the team spirit has been the commitment and approach of all players, regardless of their place on the team sheet.
'We've played well, I think we've shown enormous character.
Dele Alli has not suffered any recurrence of his thigh problem but Southgate compared the dressing room after Tuesday's match to a scene from M.A.S.H and the England manager knows from experience that, at this stage of the competition, there is a danger of players declaring themselves fit when they are patently not.
"So you've got to have a racehorse trainer's eye at times to sort that out". That's the only word I can describe it because we're all a family.
"I said the same thing before the Colombia game - it's not me getting carried away".
As the game went to extra time, and then penalties, the beers kept flowing and Mandzukic's bar tab sailed past 3000 pounds ($5325), according to Croatian news site 24Sata who said the 32-year-old outlaid 25,000 kuna toward the bill.
"No-one wants to go home". Two former Paris Saint-Germain team-mates entered into a wager ahead of a quarter-final clash between their respective nations at World Cup 2018.
"I remember people saying he's going to be a one-hit wonder and he's just completely proven them wrong and blown it out the water".
Despite the Manchester City forward looking sharp in Russian Federation, his lack of goals has led to undue criticism from some quarters.
- Thai caves: 9th boy saved on day 3 of Tham Luang rescue
- Barcelona’s Paulinho returns to China's Guangzhou
- Haiti protests carry on despite fuel hike U-turn; flights cancelled
- Sometimes we say dumb things: Hamilton backtracks while Ferrari boss attacks Mercedes
- Trump To Announce SCOTUS Nominee Monday Night
- Turkey to Be Transformed as Erdogan Sworn in With Vastly Expanded Powers
- Real Madrid and Juventus close to agreeing Cristiano Ronaldo deal
- Royals gather for Prince Louis christening
- 'Miracle': Montana Authorities Find Abandoned Infant Alive Who Was Buried
- US says it will release, reunite 50 immigrant children