Renard Matthews, 17, was killed on June 26 near the intersection of Independence and Tonti streets.
After losing their son Renard Matthews in a tragic shooting in New Orleans, the Matthews family made a decision to celebrate his life in a pretty special way. That's how his family chose to remember him at his wake Sunday. It's an unconventional way of honoring someone's death, yet the Matthews family believes it'll help his friends remember him in the best way possible. According to local New Orleans news station, WGNO, "Matthew's mother Temeka says her son was a bit of a homebody, who only recently started to venture out to walk the dog she'd recently gotten him". But just how big of a fan was the New Orleans teen of the Boston Celtics star?
Matthews was positioned to be sitting in a chair, with a Playstation controller in his hands, with some of his favorite snacks by his side.
Although it's not stated explicitly, he's likely "playing" a version of National Basketball Association 2K based on the above video which included a shot of the television screen.
Matthews will be buried Tuesday.
- Iranian Dancing Videos Are Exploding Across the Internet
- Ex-Ethics Czar Requests Probe Of Rep. Jordan's Abuse Ignorance Claims
- Russian Federation coach laments harsh end to World Cup dream
- Raheem Sterling, England on collision course with Belgium in World Cup final
- Expect BoC rate hike next week, followed by a fall pause
- Klopp: Concussed Karius not to blame for Kiev howlers
- Egypt sentences Lebanese tourist to 8 years over Facebook video
- Daredevil Travis Pastrana Lands Iconic Evel Knievel Motorcycle Jumps
- England fan Joe Bass ecstatic after Sweden victory
- British PM appoints Dominic Raab new Brexit minister