Audie Trinidad, 61, and their daughters - Kaitlyn, 20, Danna, 17, and 13-year-old twins Allison and Melissa -were killed on a DE highway in their minivan when a pickup truck going the opposite direction crossed over the median and slammed into their vehicle, ABC News 7 reported.
Hubbard, 44, and a 30-year-old passenger were treated and released from a local hospital with minor injuries, police said. Twenty-four-year-old Brian Kern was driving along Route 1 in Townsend, New Castle County, returning from vacation, when a pickup truck going the wrong way clipped his sedan. Charles "C.R." McLeod, a spokesman for the Delaware Department of Transportation, said Route 1 was closed in both directions for 17 miles for hours after the crash.
On Saturday, the heartbroken community in Teaneck, New Jersey, gathered together for a church service and vigil. He catches the back left of my vehicle and misses my door. "She said it was finally sinking in that they're gone forever".
"It's certainly heartbreaking. As you can imagine those of us that have family and children I feel so bad for this family", said Master Corporal Jaffe.
Photos showed the vehicle, a white four-door passenger auto, with extensive damage to its rear.
His wife, Mary Rose Ballocanag, 53, was the only person in the van who survived.
Ballocanag, a nurse at Beth Israel Medical Center in Manhattan, suffered several broken bones and remains in the hospital, the paper reported.
"I live in Miami and when I came here everyone on the street said Audie was the sweetest and nicest neighbor", he says, 59. "But I'm a paramedic as well and I'm the only first responder there".
"We will never see them again", the dads brother, Daniel Trinidad, told the New York Post. "So far, we're holding up, you know, we're holding up as best as we can".
All Trinidad family members, except mother, Mary Rose (second from left), died in a vehicular crash in Townsend, Delaware on Friday, July 6, 2018. He received a photo of the family eating blue crabs on July 4. Ballocanag wept to her friend from her hospital bed, "They're all gone", Ballocanag's friend told him. It has raised more than $160,000. Their bodies in the morgue are unrecognizable, ' he said.
- England's squad all train ahead of World Cup semi-final against Croatia
- Chris Paul wants to ‘Big Three’ the Rockets by adding Carmelo Anthony
- We'll show Thierry Henry he picked the wrong side
- Wimbledon 2018: Clinical Novak Djokovic keen to take Centre stage
- All Kate Middleton's outfit details from Prince Louis' royal christening
- President Trump nominates Judge Brett Kavanaugh to Supreme Court
- Lando Calrissian Will Return For STAR WARS: EPISODE IX
- George Clooney Injured in Italy Car Crash
- All 12 boys and their football trainer 'pulled from flooded Thailand cave'
- New role for Daventry MP after resignations from Brexit department