Local daily La Nuova Sardegna says Clooney's injuries aren't serious, but that he was taken to the John Paul II hospital emergency room.
Italian media report the accident happened in Sardinia where the U.S. actor is filming his latest TV series, Catch-22.
La Nuova Sardegna said the 57-year-old was headed to a film set on Tuesday when his motorbike was hit by a vehicle.
According to the site, George was said to be hit by a auto which suddenly changed direction at a spot close to a hotel.
Wife Amal, 40, came to collect him and the couple left in a chauffeur-driven auto.
A fire extinguisher can be seen on the road but no people are visible.
Clooney, 57, was riding the bike at Costa Corallina on the island of Sardinia when he was involved in a collision with a auto, according to Italy's TGR Rai Sardegna.
George relocated his family to the idyllic Italian island for the summer to direct the forthcoming TV mini series.
Clooney was pictured stepping off a private jet with wife Amal and twins, Alexander and Ella, near the end of last month.
Italy is an important place for Amal and George.
George and Amal met back in 2013 when Amal attended a party at the Ocean's Eleven star's house in Lake Como, Italy.
- Royals gather for Prince Louis christening
- US says it will release, reunite 50 immigrant children
- Ministry calls on India to resist Chinese pressure
- Real Madrid and Juventus close to agreeing Cristiano Ronaldo deal
- Microsoft's $399 Surface Go is its smallest tablet yet
- Elon Musk brings mini-sub to cave
- Trump To Announce SCOTUS Nominee Monday Night
- Third rescue mission to save trapped soccer kids underway
- Dele Alli "confident" of World Cup glory
- Boris Johnson resigns in major Brexit blow to UK PM Theresa May