La Nuova Sardegna said the 57-year-old was headed to a film set on Tuesday when his motorbike was hit by a vehicle.
According to reports, the actor was taken to the emergency room at John Paul II hospital following reported trauma to the pelvis and bruises to one leg and arm but has not been seriously injured.
AGI said part of the road was closed following the incident.
HuffPost UK has contacted George's representatives for comment.
Clooney relocated his family to Sardinia, the second largest Island in the Mediterranean Sea, so he could film TV miniseries Catch 22, according to The Sun. More information is to follow.
It's not just the Clooneys spending the summer in Italy, George's parents and Amal's mum were also seen arriving on separate flights.
The stunning abode features two swimming pools, a tennis court and an incredibly colourful landscape.
The US actor is directing, producing and starring in the six episode miniseries based on Joseph Heller's famous novel.
Clooney has a home on Lake Como on the Italian mainland.
His castmates include Hugh Laurie, Austin Stowell ('Whiplash') and Kyle Martin Chandler ('Friday Night Lights').
The story, set in Italy during World War 2, focuses on Christopher Abbott's character of Yossarian, a US Air Force bombardier who is furious because the bureaucratic rule known as Catch-22.
- Manchester United vs Leicester City to kick off 2018/2019 Premier League season
- Prince Louis christening: Queen and Duke of Edinburgh to miss event
- Prince Louis' christening - Kate Middleton reveals her son's personality
- 'Miracle': Montana Authorities Find Abandoned Infant Alive Who Was Buried
- England makes final four for 1st time since '90
- Jaded Croatia look to master Modric to carry them through against England
- May appoints Jeremy Hunt as new foreign minister
- Thai caves: 9th boy saved on day 3 of Tham Luang rescue
- WhatsApp takes first step to counter fake news
- Third rescue mission to save trapped soccer kids underway