Lakers' GM, Rob Pelinka met with James at what looks to be his home out in Los Angeles to sign the contract and make things official.
Four-time NBA MVP James was officially confirmed as a Lakers player on Tuesday.
James' representatives at Klutch Sports Group tweeted a picture of him signing his new contract alongside his agent, Rich Paul, and Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka. The Lakers are excited to have a team-mate who has gone nine times to the NBA Finals.
The signing kicks off the "LAbron" era in Tinsletown as the world's best all-around player begins work restoring the storied Lakers franchise to glory. "It's a huge step closer to the playoffs and to the NBA Finals". Last season was his first in which he played in all 82 regular-season games, and the eighth in a row in which his team advanced to the NBA Finals (four in Miami before each of the past four seasons in Cleveland).
Last season, James had a league-high 2,251 total points scored and became the first player in National Basketball Association history to accumulate at least 30,000 career points, 8,000 rebounds and 8,000 assists.
Many NBA fans have known for months, nearly a year, that LeBron would be joining the Lakers this summer.
"This is a historic moment for the Lakers and we could not feel more grateful and honored", Pelinka said.
One similarity that the Lakers will be hoping LeBron brings with him to the franchise over the next four years which he had during his time with the Cavaliers and the Miami Heat is his Finals appearances streak.
This marks the first time James will play for a team in the hotly contested Western Conference, which includes heavyweight teams such as the Golden State Warriors and Houston Rockets. "When LeBron James - a perennial NBA MVP and champion who is playing at the most astonishing levels of his career - chooses to join the Lakers, it serves as the ultimate validation for what we are building here".
"Let's welcome #LAbron to LA the only way we know how!" a post on Blaze Pizza's Facebook page announcing the promotion stated.
James will continue donning the number 23 for the Lakers.
- Brexit row: Jeremy Hunt replaces Boris Johnson as United Kingdom foreign minister
- Chris Paul wants to ‘Big Three’ the Rockets by adding Carmelo Anthony
- Boris Johnson resigns United Kingdom government, becoming second minister who quits over Brexit
- Tour de France: Gaviria doubles up, van Avermaet keeps yellow
- Cristiano Ronaldo joins Juventus from Real Madrid
- Wimbledon 2018: Clinical Novak Djokovic keen to take Centre stage
- Boris Johnson leaves Carlton Gardens after his resignation
- These are the semi-final matchups at the FIFA World Cup (SCHEDULE)
- All Kate Middleton's outfit details from Prince Louis' royal christening
- First Pictures Of Lucas Torreira In Arsenal Shirt After Completing £25m Move