"I'm delighted and privileged to be christening Prince Louis today - a precious child made in God's image, just as we all are", Archbishop Justin Welby said on Twitter before the ceremony. It is the latter that she had remade in a yellow colour for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal wedding.
William and Kate appeared for the first time with their three children at Prince Louis' christening.
It was a family affair for the Middletons, who all stepped out on Monday afternoon to celebrate Prince Louis' christening. During the ceremony, his seven godparents were also named, including Prince William's cousin Zara Tindall and many of their closest friends.
Queen Elizabeth, 92, has also begun to scale back her duties because of her advancing age, handing over some of her responsibilities to her heir, Prince Charles.
Prince William and the former Kate Middleton were joined at the christening by both of their families.
The Duke and Duchess have asked six close friends and family members to become Louis' godparents.
The Chapel is located within the grounds of St James's Palace, in London, and has been home to many significant royal events throughout history. The news was announced on Monday morning ahead of the christening, and is understood to have been mutually agreed by the Queen and William and Kate some time ago.
Kate's choice of outfit for Prince Louis' christening was not surprising, as the Duchess had previously matched her dresses to compliment the cream colours of the lace and satin Royal Christening Robe worn by her 11-week-old son.
Queen Victoria married Prince Albert on the very steps of the palace in 1840, while Queen Elizabeth I is also known to have resided at the palace on several occasions. Other guests will include Prince Harry, Meghan Markle, Pippa Middleton and James Middleton.
"She loved all the old classics and Harry had the brilliant idea of starting a little library of first editions for Louis, Charlotte and George to enjoy as they get older".
- WhatsApp takes first step to counter fake news
- Haiti protests carry on despite fuel hike U-turn; flights cancelled
- Royals gather for Prince Louis christening
- Sometimes we say dumb things: Hamilton backtracks while Ferrari boss attacks Mercedes
- EPA Head Scott Pruitt Resigns
- England makes final four for 1st time since '90
- US says it will release, reunite 50 immigrant children
- Donald Trump's Former Driver, Noel Cintron, Sues Organization For Unpaid Overtime
- IHOB just changed its name back to IHOP. Here's why
- Ministry calls on India to resist Chinese pressure