The day after their hard-fought defeat at the hands of Croatia in the quarter-finals of the 2018 FIFA World Cup™, Russia visited the FIFA Fan Fest in Moscow to personally thank the fans for their unbelievable support throughout the tournament.
England have been handed a boost following the news that Croatia defender Sime Vrsaljko will miss their World Cup semifinal through injury.
"I'm more concerned the World Cup final will have issues because the Wimbledon final is going on", said the eight-time champion after seeing off France's Adrian Mannarino in straight sets on Monday.
England qualified for the semis by beating Sweden 2-0 and will face Croatia at the Luzhniki Stadium on 11 July at 18h00 GMT.
"I saw a few pictures the size of Croatia compared to size of Russian Federation, and I think if we are already to be in semi-finals is unbelievable, but if we can make it further, it's really good, as well". If there is no victor after 120 minutes the tie is decided on penalties.
His mid-season injury looks an even bigger shame now, with England denied an invaluable option for their biggest World Cup game in 28 years.
"France don't have a Hazard, a De Bruyne or a Lukaku, or a Fellaini, who played really well (against Brazil)". "We have two matches to play and we are very motivated".
"But if they play three up top, it's not wise".
This tactic was turned on its head against Croatia, with Russian Federation going all out and scoring first but conceding two more before an equaliser deep in the second half of extra time reignited their hopes of a last four spot, the first since the Soviet Union's 1966 run.
Wimbledon's men's final traditionally starts on Sunday at 2pm (UK time) and the World Cup final kicks off two hours later.
No England fans were arrested in Norfolk following Saturday's 2-0 quarter-final win over Sweden and police chiefs are hoping for the same result again, despite a place in Sunday's final being up for grabs.
This was quickly followed up with a 3-1 win over Egypt and Cherchesov's' team punching their ticket for the Round of 16.
The ongoing Fifa World Cup has delivered classic after classic.
- England fan Joe Bass ecstatic after Sweden victory
- Loved-up Harry and Meghan shun royal protocol
- Oil dips in nervous markets with U.S., China on brink…
- Germany, China seek alliance over trade spat with US
- England fans smash up an ambulance during celebrations
- Amazon Offers Free Echo Dot Ahead Of Prime Day
- British PM appoints Dominic Raab new Brexit minister
- France forward Kylian Mbappe's meteoric rise like Lionel Messi - Nacer Chadli
- Daredevil Travis Pastrana Lands Iconic Evel Knievel Motorcycle Jumps
- Gal Gadot dresses as Wonder Woman to surprise kids at children's hospital