The writing was on the wall when Rodina fired a forehand long to give Williams a break for a 2-0 lead and, though she produced a stunning cross-court forehand en route to breaking Williams and gaining a glimmer of hope, that hope was brutally extinguished as the American immediately broke back to love.
Kiki Bertens took care of the last of the top 10 with a 6-3, 7-6 (7/1) victory over Czech seventh seed Karolina Pliskova.
Here's a hint, Camila: Williams is now just three victories from a 24th Grand Slam title, which would add to her own professional-era record and equal Margaret Court's all-time mark.
Williams celebrated her milestone 100th match at the All England Club with a 90th win, needing just an hour and two minutes to see off Russian qualifier Evgeniya Rodina.
Next up for the 23-time Grand Slam victor is Italy's Camila Giorgi, who is making her debut in the quarter-finals of a major. Despite the two-year gap since their previous meeting, Williams professed to having watched 52nd-ranked Giorgi play "a lot".
And she ensured there would not be another shock in Monday's contest on Centre Court, her seemingly unstoppable march to the final continuing with a 6-2, 6-2 triumph.
Bertens next faces 13th-seeded Julia Goerges, who beat Donna Vekic of Croatia 6-3, 6-2 to secure her first Grand Slam quarterfinal appearance.
Pliskova's exit leaves world No.11 Angelique Kerber as the highest-ranked woman left in the wide open draw.
"I didn't expect it, honestly", said Goerges, who lost in the first round at the All England Club each of the past five years.
The victor of the Williams and Giorgi match battles Bertens or Goerges in the semifinals.
Jelena Ostapenko earlier on Monday ended Aliaksandra Sasnovich's giant-killing campaign to be the first woman through to the Wimbledon quarter-finals.
Federer, who has won 32 consecutive sets at the tournament and held serve 81 games in a row, was asked whether he paused for even a moment to wonder why he wasn't being given more of a test.
"I don't want to talk about this anymore. I haven't gone a day without seeing her".
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
- Boris Johnson resigns in major Brexit blow to UK PM Theresa May
- Trump nominates Judge Brett Kavanaugh as next Supreme Court justice
- Croatia search for missing sparks ahead of England clash
- Orange Is the New Black Season 6 Trailer
- Barcelona’s Paulinho returns to China's Guangzhou
- 'Miracle': Montana Authorities Find Abandoned Infant Alive Who Was Buried
- IHOB just changed its name back to IHOP. Here's why
- India thump England to clinch T20 series after Rohit Sharma century
- EPA Head Scott Pruitt Resigns
- Syria says Israeli missiles strike airbase for third time