"What we did have to do from time to time was defend him from rival players who were trying to wind him up". We knew we had the conditions to go further and make history.
Brazil entered the tournament as favourites but leave with their wait for a sixth World Cup crown still ongoing, and writing in his Sunday World column, Aldridge was heavily critical of Neymar once again. Had the right-back been aged 31 and playing in his fourth World Cup like the careworn Lionel Messi, instead of 22 and playing in his first, perhaps Pavard wouldn't have dared to attempt the sliced, long-distance strike.
ESPN brings you the best of the numbers from Belgium's 2-1 win over Brazil in the quarterfinals of the World Cup. Pele scored a hat-trick against France in the semi-final of that tournament, the last teen to score in the last four of the competition.
France defender Raphael Varane: "Belgium are young, but they are maturing". No one wants that to be their World Cup legacy, do they?
But in an online poll in Globoesporte, 56% of fans rated Neymar's World Cup as unsatisfactory with just 4% believing the forward produced his best football in Russian Federation.
Here's the unofficial count for Brazil's quarter-final match against Belgium.
Eden Hazard has been directly involved in 14 goals in his last 14 games for Belgium (8 goals, 6 assists). "I've always believed and I just generally am wrong". I think the difference between the teams will be Kylian Mbappe (11/1 to score twice).
He told the crowd: "I see a lot of Brazilian flags: Have courage!" Like some of the others listed, the lack of a definitive Champions League campaign could act against De Bruyne in the Ballon d'Or reckoning. This is his time to shine.
- The New Orange Is The New Black Trailer Just Dropped
- Dick Cheney Interview Teased for New Sacha Baron Cohen Show
- Trump Administration Bullied Countries To Make Them Reject The Science On Breastfeeding
- Federer brings back the SABR at Wimbledon
- Gal Gadot dresses as Wonder Woman to surprise kids at children's hospital
- Oil dips in nervous markets with U.S., China on brink…
- Trump enjoying drama ahead making of Supreme Court pick Monday night
- Wimbledon 2018: Djokovic races past Sandgren in opener
- Harry Kane Spurred On By England's World Cup Class Of '66
- Ex-Ethics Czar Requests Probe Of Rep. Jordan's Abuse Ignorance Claims