It's understood the superstar was taken to the emergency room at John Paul II hospital.
Clooney already been released, since none of his injuries were life-threatening.
CNN reported that Clooney also told the police that he was "fine".
Clooney's rep has since told ET: "George was treated and released from an Olbia hospital".
Clooney was wearing a helmet, which was broken by the force of the impact on the Mercedes.
Clooney and his wife Amal are staying in Sardinia for the summer as George films his new TV series Catch 22, which stars Irish comedian David McSavage. Photos from the scene of the crash, published by the Daily Mail, show the smashed windshield of the Mercedes E SW, and the windscreen demolished on Clooney's bike as well.
Production on George Clooney's "Catch-22" is continuing as planned following his frightening scooter accident in Italy.
A hospital official confirmed to NBC that his injuries were not very bad, so the 57-year-old got discharged pretty fast.
Clooney has a home on the Italian mainland, on Lake Como.
There Clooney underwent an MRI.
- Chris strengthens to a category 1 hurricane far off North Carolina coast
- Four more boys safely out as day two mission ends
- Wimbledon 2018: Serena Williams breezes past Evgeniya Rodina and into quarter-finals
- Brexit, stage right: how Theresa May faced down United Kingdom government rebels
- The accessory that every royal member owns except for Meghan Markle
- What McConnell reportedly said about Trump's potential Supreme Court nominees
- Trump administration announces $US200 billion in extra China tariffs
- This is what Meghan Markle wore to her first royal christening
- Eden Hazard Makes Big Real Madrid Claim
- Trump administration freezes Obamacare payments, citing court decision