In a recent and very candid interview with Rolling Stone, Cardi talked about the mental struggles she had to overcome as a new, expectant mother and a rising profile in the music world. The "Bodak Yellow" rapper told fans that getting married was a moment she and Offset wanted to keep for themselves. And the two gave their daughter, born Tuesday, a unique name.
She also told the host that Offset, 26, had chosen their daughter's name.
Cardi B, real name Belcalis Almanzar, confirmed in June that she and Offset, real name Kiari Kendrell Cephus, married in September previous year.
I can't wait to see baby Kulture.
"Our relationship was so new, breaking up and making up, and we had a lot of growing up to do, but we was so in love we didn't want to lose each other", she shared after news got out.
According to her Instagram post, Cardi and her husband Offset have picked the moniker Kulture Kiari Cephus for their firstborn together.
She said she did not wear a wedding dress, wear make-up or have a wedding ring at the low-key ceremony. "I don't want to miss no smiles, I don't want to miss no new movement, I don't want the baby to confuse me and the babysitter", she said, adding.
- India's top court reviews British-era ban on homosexuality
- Where to score a selfie with Trump Baby in London
- Kylie Jenner Says Baby Stormi Gets Her Lips from Travis Scott!
- Lovren ready for Kane test at World Cup
- Sterling is still vital for England despite lack of goals
- Pakistan beats Australia in T20 tri-series final by 6 wkts
- Kevin Anderson ousts eight-time champion Roger Federer from Wimbledon
- Michael Ondaatje's 'The English Patient' wins Golden Man Booker Prize
- Xherdan Shaqiri: Liverpool in talks to sign Stoke midfielder
- Woolworths recalls savoury rice after listeria outbreak in Europe