In the month of June, Cardi B claimed that she married Offset in a secret wedding ceremony. It claims Shaft exerted control over Cardi B in order to gain a larger percentage of her earnings than previously stated in her initial agreement with WorldStar.
"This case arises out of the deceitful and disloyal conduct of a self-serving and controlling personal manager, Counter-Defendant Klenord "Shaft" Raphael and his entities through which he does business, WorldStar and KSR, who together, among other things, breached their contractual and fiduciary duties to Counter-Plaintiff Belcalis Almanzar, an immensely talented and trusting young artist", the court documents state. She is seeking to have both management and recording contracts she signed with Raphael declared void.
Cardi also claims that Shaft was "negligent" in record-keeping responsibilities; the suit reads that a proper accounting of funds was not kept. The suit, which came weeks after her hit album Invasion of Privacy was released, is for $10 million.
Cardi B has issued a counter lawsuit against her former manager, Klenord "Shaft" Raphael. He's also accused her current managers Quality Control Management's Kevin "Coach K" Lee and Pierre "Pee" Thomas of tortious interference.
Hollywood rapper Cardi B (name: Belcalis Marlenis Almanzar) has filed a countersuit against her ex-manager who tried to create a rift between her relationship with her rapper husband Offset (name: OKiari Kendrell Cephus).
The suit claims that Shaft used money that belonged to Cardi for his "personal travel, entertainment and expenses" and his company KSR's employees had taken $15,000 as a loan without Cardi's knowledge. Almanzar is Cardi B's real name. In April Leonard sued her for $10m, claiming to have "played an integral role in developing her music career and public image".
Cardi B is not letting her pregnancy stop her from taking care of business.
Cardi B arrives for the 2018 Met Gala in a custom Moschino outfit and bedazzled headpiece.
- Southgate proud of England support after 20 years of personal hurt
- United States woman wearing Puerto Rico shirt harassed as police looks on
- In Turkey fired more than 18 thousand public servants
- With Russia Out of the Tournament, Hosts' World Cup Fever Wanes
- Loris Karius: Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp defends keeper after mistake in friendly
- Aaron Armstrong, boyfriend of tragic Sophie Gradon, found dead
- Russell Knox wins Irish Open at Ballyliffin
- There was a maturity to Paul Pogba's game
- Trump Unloads On NATO Secretary-General Over Defense Spending
- The Greenbrier: Kevin Na cruises to second PGA Tour title