Former England manager Glenn Hoddle is concerned with Harry Kane's fitness ahead of Wednesday's World Cup semi-final against Croatia. Each side has won two of the four meetings since then, which includes England's infamous 3-2 defeat at in November 2007, which saw it miss out on a Euro 2008 spot and led to the departure of boss Steve McClaren.
Vrsaljko says that he expects the match against England to be completely different than the games against Denmark and Russian Federation.
But Young, who turned 33 on Monday, says it would be futile to focus all their efforts on stopping Modric instead of focusing on the qualities that have brought England this far.
British Prime Minister Theresa May said she had exchanged football shirts with Plenkovic when they met on Tuesday.
"Their opponents are anxious, they are fearing we are going to score". It's going to be a hard task for all of us.
Right-back Sime Vrsaljko came off in extra-time during Croatia's quarterfinal victory over Russian Federation and faces a race against time to be fit for the match against England tomorrow. The most-cherished national team memory remains the 1966 World Cup final victory at Wembley over West Germany, a demarcation point in the island's history as much as 1066 (the Norman invasion) and 1707 (union with Scotland). "Like one heart, one soul".
"I think Raheem has been fundamental to the way that we have played - his movement, the positions he takes up, his pressing of the ball, his work-rate for the team, the winning of free-kicks and corners, his speed to stretch teams".
"This is an incredible result for a small country like Croatia".
There are a number of key battles that may well decide the game; how John Stones copes with the physicality of Mario Mandzukic will be one, as will how Jordan Henderson can cope playing against Luka Modric and Ivan Rakitic.
- England has not beaten two European nations in a single World Cup since 1982, when it beat Czechoslovakia and France.
In between all the memes you might have noticed it is 28 years since England last contested a World Cup semi-final and a lot has changed since that night in Turin.
Pundit Paul Merson has told the Daily Star that he thinks Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren won't have slept well thinking about having to play against Harry Kane tonight. Should he score, he will become just the third player to score on all seven days of the week for England, after Wayne Rooney and Frank Lampard.
On the Federation Internationale de Football Association world rankings Croatia are 20th with England at 12th.
- France grinds way to World Cup final, edges Belgium
- With Russia Out of the Tournament, Hosts' World Cup Fever Wanes
- Man City medical scheduled for Mahrez
- Amal Clooney's Husband Rushed to ER After Scooter Crash
- India's top court reviews British-era ban on homosexuality
- Aaron Armstrong, boyfriend of tragic Sophie Gradon, found dead
- World's Ugliest Dog dies weeks after winning dubious honor
- Man City Sign African Star For £60m
- Where to score a selfie with Trump Baby in London
- Pakistan beats Australia in T20 tri-series final by 6 wkts