Monaco keeper Subasic is understood to have missed training as a precaution, so as not to aggravate his problematic hamstring, while Lovren's unspecified injury is not thought to be serious enough to keep him out of the semi-final.
Along with its sporting achievements, the Croatian team has offered other talking points through a number of controversies surrounding players, a coach, and the national football federation.
"The feeling among fans is that they unfairly judged the Russian team before the tournament started and now they feel sorry for judging the team too early", Sorokin said as he gave journalists a report on the tournament in Moscow on June 29. Cheryshev, a superstar in his own country at the moment, recently denied claims that he used a growth hormone before the World Cup began, according to The Telegraph.
"Croatia has great players playing at the greatest clubs, but it is true we have not had good results at major tournament for decades", the coach said on Tuesday.
"Obviously we work on them in attack and defense, and they are vitally important for us", said Ashley Young, one of England's set-piece specialists.
Croatia's best previous World Cup run dates back 20 years to 1998, when they lost in the last four to eventual winners France. Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic has stopped at nothing to support the team which has now progressed to the semi-final of the World Cup.
"I've got the utmost respect for him - he's been banging goals in for Spurs for several seasons - but he's not alone, his team-mates play at top clubs, so it will be hard. We're looking forward to the future", said Young.
'We dominated in extra-time and were the better team, we should have finished the job before penalties - but maybe it is written in the stars that we had to go through the extra drama'.
"I am very close to him at Liverpool and wish him all the best - but, like I say, hopefully that journey for him ends tomorrow". I could be with my parents, eating and drinking and watching the game on TV.
Saturday's loss to Croatia on penalties left many fans proud of their team.
"Thank God for this generation which has managed to get to a semi-final and justify Croatia's status as a football superpower.at least a small one", the former Chelsea midfielder said.
- Woolworths recalls savoury rice after listeria outbreak in Europe
- Lovren ready for Kane test at World Cup
- New Joker Origin Movie Starring Joaquin Phoenix Is Officially Happening
- Aaron Armstrong, boyfriend of tragic Sophie Gradon, found dead
- SA’s Kevin Anderson knocks out champion Roger Federer in thriller
- Dalic aiming to stop Kane
- Kylie Jenner Says Baby Stormi Gets Her Lips from Travis Scott!
- India's top court reviews British-era ban on homosexuality
- Cardi B announces birth of daughter and reveals name
- US Tariffs Go Into Effect On Chinese Goods At Midnight