An altercation Tuesday night at Hartsfield Airport resulted in facility employee Frank Ragin being charged with two counts of battery after he exchanged words with Jones and aggressively pursued the 11-year National Football League veteran.
The brawl started after Ragin made a gesture toward Jones, and the two got into an argument, said police. The fight then escalated from there as Ragin allegedly punched Jones before the former Bengals cornerback defended himself.
Ragin was taken to Grady Hospital for treatment. "During the course of the incident Mr. Ragin also struck a companion of Mr. Jones, causing an injury to her hand. He was charged with two counts of battery".
Adam Jones was attacked in an airport Tuesday night.
Police said Jones, 34, then pushed Ragin to the ground. Both Jones and his friend reportedly declined medical treatment. He also pleaded guilty to obstructing a police officer past year, served a few days in jail and was suspended by the league for a game.
When he was drafted into NFL, Jones was on probation for a fight in West Virginia.
Jones has yet to be signed to a contract for the upcoming season, and it remains to be seen if his latest run in with trouble will deter teams from signing him.
The player, 34, is now a free agent after the Bengals declined to pick up the option on his contract this off-season. In 2014, he was named First-team All-Pro and in 2015 he made his only Pro Bowl appearance.
- Boost for England as Croatia star is ruled out
- Newlywed Couple Collide While Zip-Lining, Leaving Husband Dead, Wife Injured
- Kevin Anderson Upsets Roger Federer at Wimbledon
- Croatia beats England to qualify for their first World Cup final
- Kevin Anderson ousts eight-time champion Roger Federer from Wimbledon
- Wireless Festival U.K. Brings Out Drake As Surprise Guest
- Cardi B announces birth of daughter and reveals name
- Roger Federer not concerned about start of World Cup game
- Houston Instagram model bit by nurse shark in the Bahamas
- Zlatko Dalic says Croatia's World Cup progress is no surprise