In a devastating blow to meme-makers everywhere, it turns out football is not coming home.
Three Lions has exploded again during this World Cup, propelled by hundreds of memes spreading virally on social media, all making up part of England's unexpected but exhilarating journey towards tonight's World Cup semi-final against Croatia, the national team's first since Italia 90. England was beaten by Germany in the penultimate game after current coach Gareth Southgate missed a penalty in a shootout following a 1-1 tie.
On the note of TVs, whilst we're now used to HD, Ultra-HD and 4K, back in 1990 things were very different. Our supporters have had a long time of suffering in terms of football.
"We're excited about the future but want to make the most of the opportunity we have [now]". "The enthusiasm they have for these players, they've been brilliant ambassadors for our country, it's great for them they've got some enjoyable moments playing for England now".
Southgate drew parallels between the class of '96 and his current generation, noting similarities but also the current squad's relative inexperience.
"Finals have to be won because we have still not got over the one we lost two years ago", said Deschamps.
So, while many will look at his attacking prowess from set-pieces, and his ability to score, it's Stones defensive play that should see him gain significant praise, and he has most certainly been one of England's unsung heroes.
Asked about the game by one reporter, Lovren told the Mirror: "I don't know what to say in response to this question, it's completely irrelevant, that 4-1 defeat". We have emerging leaders, that team had six captains at their clubs. There was a lot of leadership in the group.
"We are enjoying the journey", he said. That is what these guys have done. "I have complete trust they'll go and play in the way they have throughout this tournament".
- Roger Federer not concerned about start of World Cup game
- Kevin Anderson Upsets Roger Federer at Wimbledon
- Coach Fredrik Rosengren absolutely believes Kyle Edmund can win Wimbledon
- Billy Knight was facing child sex abuse charges
- Houston Instagram model bit by nurse shark in the Bahamas
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 leaks with keyboard cover and stylus
- England boss Gareth Southgate keeping select guest-list for Croatia clash
- Kevin Anderson ousts eight-time champion Roger Federer from Wimbledon
- Cardi B announces birth of daughter and reveals name
- China vows to 'fight back' after USA threaten $200bn tariffs on goods