Antonio Conte's protracted divorce from Chelsea was finalized on Friday when he was sacked after a two-year tenure in which he won the English Premier League and FA Cup but failed to gain the power he craved at the London club.
Despite winning the FA Cup last term, the club have parted ways with the Italian, and former Napoli manager Maurizio Sarri will take the reigns, becoming the club's ninth full-time manager since Roman Abramovich took charge in 2003.
Chelsea have delivered a telling insight regarding their relationship with sacked manager Antonio Conte after confirming the departure of the Italian boss.
It was on the cards long before last season's FA Cup triumph, which came less than 12 months after he won the Premier League.
Conte's been absent from all social media posts by the club, which has only fuelled rumours that he won't be in charge by the time the Premier League season starts in August.
The club's 64-word announcement was eventually made on Friday, ending with: "We wish Antonio every success in his future career".
Chelsea finally confirmed Conte's departure on Friday, with Cesc Fabregas paying tribute to the Italian coach on Twitter.
"Thanks for everything Boss", said Terry.
However, while present players may have had issues with Conte, former Chelsea legend John Terry, who left after the league title winning campaign had nothing but praise for him.
Conte regularly questioned the club's ambition and dealings in the transfer window and departs after failing to guide the Blues into next season's Champions League.
"I loved working and learning from him".
Sarri's future has been up in the air since Napoli hired Carlo Ancelotti as its new coach in May.
Russia World Cup star Aleksandr Golovin is another close to arriving from CSKA Moscow, along with Juventus defender Daniele Rugani.
- Sen. Baldwin won't back Trump's pick for Supreme Court
- How the British media reacted to England's World Cup exit
- Stormy Daniels arrested in Ohio
- Federation Internationale de Football Association orders World Cup broadcasters to stop zooming in on 'hot women'
- NAB team to arrest Nawaz, Maryam at Abu Dhabi Airport
- Trade tariffs will harm the world
- One Boy Takes On Key Role During Thailand Cave Rescue
- Trump Protest Sends Green Day's 'American Idiot' Up UK Charts
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation states to increase defence funding
- Donald Trump hails Kim Jong-un letter as nuclear summit deal falters