An armless homeless man who is known on South Beach as an artist who paints with his feet was arrested Tuesday for stabbing a man with a pair of scissors, authorities said.
The Florida native clutched the scissors with his feet and knifed 22-year-old Cesar Coronado twice before running away, according to the arrest report. He told officers that the stabbing was in self defense, after Coronado came up to him when he was lying down and punched him in the head, police said.
Coronado was taken to a hospital, and Crewnshaw was charged with aggravated battery.
It is unclear when Crenshaw made a decision to come to Miami Beach, but a 2011 profile of the homeless man in the Miami New Times noted that he was born in Alabama and lived a transient life, moving from place-to-place with his mother.
Mr Coronado told investigators he had stopped to ask Crenshaw for directions before he jumped up and stabbed him.
Cindy Barrientos, who was travelling with Mr Coronado, described the attacker as a homeless man with no arms to officers.
Crenshaw was charged with aggravated battery using a deadly weapon.
Along with multiple charges of battering police, Crenshaw's record also includes trespassing and disorderly intoxication arrests.
The Miami Herald reports that Crenshaw is being held at Turner Guilford Knight Correctional Center on $7,500 bond. He has a court date set for July 18.
- Trade tariffs will harm the world
- Trump Protest Sends Green Day's 'American Idiot' Up UK Charts
- Netflix knocks HBO off its throne, as Emmy voters spread the wealth
- Almost 70% of Americans who own an iPhone have a high income
- NAB team to arrest Nawaz, Maryam at Abu Dhabi Airport
- Jordan Henderson keeps getting texts from Jurgen Klopp during World Cup
- Nawaz Sharif to reach Lahore on July 13 to face jail
- Three Former Legends Named to 2018 MLB All-Star Game
- Call for clarity on European Union oil workers' status following Brexit white paper
- Sen. Baldwin won't back Trump's pick for Supreme Court