I thought what City did a year ago was awesome, it was unbelievable to break all those Premier League records, but I am confident about myself.
"It's a club who wants to win the UCL". The Champions League is for big clubs and Manchester City are a big club.
"They have everything they need to succeed in the Champions League and that's where I want to play". It is a goal.
Speaking at his first news conference as a Man City player, Mahrez said: "I have always believed that "H" (Harry Maguire) is a very good player, he has shown that since the day he came to Leicester and the season he had a year ago. I want to help this team improve and I believe that is what the manager wants".
The 27-year-old Algerian global forward had wanted to move to the champions in January but City baulked at the £80 million fee Leicester demanded at the time.
Riyad Mahrez revealed Manchester City had rivals beaten before kick-off during their record-breaking season.
Mahrez was keen to steer discussion away from that issue as he took questions from media.
He said: "They (City) offered and Leicester rejected the offers, but it's the past". He is happy for me.
"I am happy to be here and I have to show it".
Mahrez did thank City for reigniting their interest in him this summer. I am very happy to be here and will try to give my best for the club. "The price tag doesn't affect me - fees for players have got very big in the last couple of years".
Mahrez has been in demand since Leicester's run to Premier League glory in 2015-16 but he hopes the move has come at the right time in his career.
"The most important thing is I'm here".
"Of course he's a big manager, he's won a lot of things, he's made history with this club".
"Writing above a picture of England players applauding their supporters in Moscow, Walker tweeted: 'I'm still heartbroken and never felt so gutted". I didn't hesitate at all.
"After what they've done it's fantastic", Mahrez, 27, told a news conference. They broke all the records in the Premier League, which is unbelievable.
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation states to increase defence funding
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Lunch Date in Dublin
- Celebrities React to Their Emmy Nominations
- Netflix knocks HBO off its throne, as Emmy voters spread the wealth
- I'm going to be so rich like Kylie Jenner - Moesha Boduong
- Woolworths Recalls Frozen Rice Mix Amid European Listeriosis Outbreak
- Thai Navy SEALs Share New Cave Rescue Video
- Thai Soccer Team: What Happens Now That They've Been Rescued From Cave?
- Indian women’s team coach Tushar Arothe resigns from his role
- Plurality of Britons Support Trump Visit to UK