Sharif's daughter was also sentenced to jail for eight years.
Sharif will reach Lahore, his home town and political stronghold, on July 13, his daughter Maryam said in a Twitter post. Her husband, Mohammad Safdar, was handed one year after being found guilty of abetment.
Sharif along with Maryam had gone to London last month to see his ailing wife Begum Kulsoom Nawaz.
She said a consultation was under way over the decision and that their lawyers are looking at the matter from all legal angles.
The elusive politician, who did not appear before the court when he was convicted, went off the grid but surprisingly sent a defiant recorded audio message to the media that he would turn himself in as "honor demands it".
Awan, traveling with his entourage of supporters and Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz leaders, told the media: "I am surrendering myself in order to set a foundation for democracy", adding that his arrest would be a pivotal point for the nation to decide "how the country will be run".
Sources in the federal government said authorities are considering to arrange access of a NAB team to the airplane so that they could arrest Sharifs from within the plane.
NAB received the arrest warrants for Nawaz, Maryam and Captain (retd) Safdar on Saturday.
Three cases were filed against Sharif and his family in September past year following his disqualification by the Supreme Court on July 28, 2017 in the Panama Papers case.
Sharif had denounced the court proceedings against him as politically motivated and a judicial witch-hunt, often suggesting the military was to blame.
He said the NAB would not allow Sharif to lead a rally.
- UK Conservatives in Quagmire as Two More Vice Chairs Defect From Party
- Arsenal boss Emery: We'll only complete one more big signing
- Narongsak promises last 5 survivors to be extracted faster tomorrow
- XXXTentacion death: Second suspect arrested
- Wimbledon 2018: Indignant Novak Djokovic is joy to watch once more
- Emmy Award nominations: 'Handmaid's Tale' earns 20 nods
- Trump visit to United Kingdom begins on awkward note
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 pricing, release date leaked
- Royals served a 7-year-old cake at Prince Louis' christening
- Croatia become smallest nation to reach World Cup final since 1950