The Hulu series, which is set in a dystopian MA, earned 20 nominations, including a repeat nomination for the victor of last year's Supporting Actress in a Drama Series award, Holyoke native Ann Dowd.
Nominations for the 70th annual Emmy Awards will be announced Thursday at 11:30 a.m. ET/8:30 a.m. PT. Make sure to check back here to find out whether your favorite show or actor will get the nod it deserves!
While HBO's heavy hitters still racked up a dragon's hoard of nominations between them (Game of Thrones is nominated for 22 awards and Westworld has 21), Netflix has a number of shows that all have 10 awards or more including GLOW, Stranger Things, Godless and The Crown, which combined have 47 award nominations between them.
HBO's Game of Thrones is closely followed by dystopian sci-fi series The Handmaid's Tale, which gained 20 nominations and won top drama past year.
For the full list of this year's Emmy nominations, follow here.
When asked by TheWrap who would win in a battle between Season 1's Demogorgon and Season 2's Mind Flayer, Stranger Things executive producer Shawn Levy offered up his two cents, while also possibly hinting at the latter's return.
Lead actress drama takes last year's victor Elisabeth Moss for "The Handmaid's Tale" with Claire Foy, "The Crown"; Tatiana Maslany, "Orphan Black"; Sandra Oh, "Killing Eve"; Keri Russell, "The Americans"; and Evan Rachel Wood for "Westworld".
HBO awards darling "Veep" was ineligible this year and its crown passed to "Atlanta", the FX comedy created by and starring Donald Glover, which amassed 16 nods.
John Legend scores a nomination of his own for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series or Movie for his role as Jesus in NBC's "Jesus Christ Superstar Live in Concert". Legend, already an Oscar, Tony and Grammy victor, could become a member of the EGOT club if he wins this Emmy.
- I am one of the world's best, says Lovren
- Oldest Dinosaur on Record Found in Argentina
- Wimbledon 2018: Indignant Novak Djokovic is joy to watch once more
- Nawaz Sharif to reach Lahore on July 13 to face jail
- Rains strand at least 1,850, kill up to 69 in Japan
- Bank of Canada raises interest rate for first time in 6 months
- Puerto Rican T-shirt video controversy results in officer's resignation
- Royals served a 7-year-old cake at Prince Louis' christening
- United Kingdom papers salute 'Pride of Lions' after England exit
- Melania Trump yellow gown at Blenheim Palace