Former Alabama judge Roy Moore hinted Wednesday that he too was duped by British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen, becoming the latest conservative to complain in advance of a new series Cohen has been filming.
She said that she and one of her daughters, whom she did not name, were asked to travel across the country for the interview.
Cohen was in disguise as a Finnish comedian during the October 2017 interview, Arpaio recalled in an interview with Breitbart News. "I sat through a long "interview" full of Hollywoodism's disrespect and sarcasm - but finally had enough and literally, physically removed my mic and walked out".
Suffice to say, the former vice presidential candidate was not amused by her encounter with Cohen, calling him a "piece of ****".
Cohen, disguised as the disabled veteran character Ruddick, interviewed Palin as part of his Showtime series.
She also alleged that Cohen's production team dropped her off at the wrong Washington, D.C. airport after the fake interview "knowing we'd miss all flights back home to Alaska". "Ruddick" says he never stole valor by saying he served in the military when he didn't, and that when he said he was "in the service" he meant the United Parcel Service.
Showtime has said the seven-episode series from the "Borat" star will "explore the diverse individuals, from the infamous to the unknown across the political and cultural spectrum, who populate our unique nation". "(Coincidentaly, just like our Great President, I was sadly prevented from joining the regular army on account of bone spurs bein discovered in my testies)".
"I have always admired you for TELLING THE TRUTH about Obama's birth certificate and the location of Russian Federation", he added.
"You used to hunt the most risky animals in the country, like wolves and people on welfare", Ruddick added.
"Palin said that she was offered a "'legit opportunity" to honour American Vets and contribute to a "legit Showtime historical documentary'" and that it "was requested of me via a speakers bureau". "So why hunt a fine citizen journalist like myself?" the letter states.
- Government reopens probe of Emmett Till slaying
- Jordan Henderson keeps getting texts from Jurgen Klopp during World Cup
- Celebrities React to Their Emmy Nominations
- Sen. Baldwin won't back Trump's pick for Supreme Court
- Unpiloted Russian Cargo Ship Reaches Space Station In Record Time
- Thai Navy SEALs Share New Cave Rescue Video
- Netflix knocks HBO off its throne, as Emmy voters spread the wealth
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation states to increase defence funding
- Indian women’s team coach Tushar Arothe resigns from his role
- Three Former Legends Named to 2018 MLB All-Star Game