The Queen has met every United States president since Harry Truman - except for Lyndon Johnson, who didn't visit Britain while in office - during her 66-year reign.
The Queen and Mr Trump will inspect the Guard of Honour before watching the military march past. "She is just an incredible woman", he said. In one month, February 2018, there were 15 homicides in London compared with 14 in New York, according to data gathered by London's Metropolitan Police Service and the New York Police Department, respectively, as reported by The Times of London.
Ms Thornberry added: 'She is his host.
Trump also criticised May in a press conference in Brussels following a North Atlantic Treaty Organisation summit there just before flying to London, casting doubt on whether she will deliver on British voters' intentions when they backed leaving the European Union in a 2016 referendum.
Speaking on ITV's Good Morning Britain today, Ms Thornberry said it is "extraordinarily rude of Donald Trump to behave like this".
"I would have done it much differently", Trump added of May's Brexit approach. Another 13 percent said they didn't know.
That part of the trip is considered private.
- Mr Trump and his wife will spend Thursday night at Winfield House in Regent's Park, which is the US Ambassador's residence in London.
Who created the Donald Trump baby balloon?
Protest organisers say they plan to stage demonstrations in some 50 cities around the UK.
One of the more memorable visits was that of John and Jacqueline Kennedy, just months after his inauguration in 1961.
US officials said that while Trump made the comments attributed to him in the interview conducted in Brussels, he also had more praise for May in parts of it that were not published.
"He's fundamentally damaging the culture, the discourse, the rules, the laws", said Calah Singleton, a 28-year-old writer who turned out in London.
Both leaders said their countries would work out a trade deal.
"We are cracking down right now on the European Union because they have not treated the United States fairly on trading. She has got a great and lovely grace about her", he added.
May weathered the resignations of her Brexit and foreign ministers earlier this week over the proposals.
Mr Trump is due to face a press conference later in the day.
The president then lauded May for her work on North Atlantic Treaty Organisation, a day after the conclusion of a two-day summit in Brussels that he jolted with dramatic reversals, excoriations of allies and demands for more allied defense spending.
Russian Federation has strongly denied the charge.
They will then meet the Queen for the first time, at Windsor Castle, before heading to Scotland where the USA president will spend the weekend at his Turnberry golf course in Ayrshire.
- Microsoft Ending Windows 10 'Delta Updates' Next Year
- Real Madrid ready to cough out £150m for Eden Hazard
- Jordan Henderson keeps getting texts from Jurgen Klopp during World Cup
- Italians call three-day strike to protest Ronaldo's Juve move
- Inside Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's Lunch Date in Dublin
- I'm going to be so rich like Kylie Jenner - Moesha Boduong
- Stormy Daniels arrested in Ohio
- Homeless man with no arms charged with stabbing tourist in Florida
- Thai Soccer Team: What Happens Now That They've Been Rescued From Cave?
- Trump Protest Sends Green Day's 'American Idiot' Up UK Charts