In February, six people died after a national outbreak of Listeria linked to a rockmelon supplier.
The Hungarian Food Safety Agency also recalled some of their products as a precautionary measure recently.
Listeriosis is an illness usually caused by eating food contaminated by bacteria which can grow in food at refrigeration temperatures, the department said.
The Frozen Savoury Rice Mix product is uncooked and frozen and so requires cooking before consumption.
To verify the safety of our food products, we implement additional monitoring where we independently have our food products tested randomly.
A spokesperson for Aldi UK tells FoodIngredientsFirst: "In line with other retailers, we have recalled this product as a precaution as there is a possibility that the product contains traces of listeria".
Customers who have purchased the product, should return the product to their local store for a full refund.
ALDI - Market Fare Corn Kernels 1kg Queensland, VIC, WA and select NSW stores Product of Hungary (only).
Acting FSANZ CEO Peter May said pregnant women, elderly people and people whose immune systems are compromised such as cancer patients are particularly at risk and he has urged vulnerable people to check their freezers for the vegetables.
This after an ST6 strain of listeria was found at an Enterprise Foods facility in Polokwane.
Listeria is particularly unsafe for pregnant women, their unborn children, and newborns.
Hungarian authorities notified Greenyard on June 29, 2018 of their request to recall frozen vegetable products produced in the company's plant in Hungary.
New Zealand businesses that have had reported cases of the bacteria include a raw milk business in Southland, which was closed in September past year after batches of the milk tested positive for listeria.
- Kylian Mbappe revels in England's World Cup misery on Instagram
- Fortnite Season 5 starting on July 12
- XXXTentacion death: Second suspect arrested
- Unpiloted Russian Cargo Ship Reaches Space Station In Record Time
- Nawaz Sharif to reach Lahore on July 13 to face jail
- Royals served a 7-year-old cake at Prince Louis' christening
- Man with world's longest fingernails finally cuts them off
- Netflix knocks HBO off its throne, as Emmy voters spread the wealth
- United Kingdom papers salute 'Pride of Lions' after England exit
- This Is the Most Tender Photo of the World Cup So Far