Avenatti said Daniels was performing the same act on Wednesday that "she has performed across the nation at almost a hundred strip clubs". Video showed her being marched into jail at 4.30am after allegedly grabbing an undercover officer's backside at the Sirens Gentleman's Club in Columbus.
Online court records showed that three misdemeanor charges of illegally operating a sexually oriented business related to knowingly touching a patron were dismissed. Two other people were arrested at the club, but it is unclear who they were.
Daniels, real name Stephanie Clifford, was believed to have been performing at Columbus strip club Sirens when she "was arrested for allegedly allowing a customer to touch her while on stage in a nonsexual manner" during a "sting operation", her lawyer, Michael Avenatti, tweeted Thursday.
'We will fight all bogus charges'.
An Ohio strip club law prohibits all patrons from touching a nude or seminude dancer unless the patrons are members of the dancer's immediate family.
The law says that it's illegal to make contact with a nude dancer who "regularly appears" nude at a club.
She was set to perform at the club again Thursday night, but had to cancel her performance.
'This was a setup and politically motivated.
"It was an absurd use of law enforcement resources", Avenatti said. "During her performance, a couple female undercover officers asked her if they could place their faces in between her breasts".
Representatives for the Columbus Division of Police did not immediately respond to ABC News' request for comment.
The person Stormy touched was actually a Columbus police officer named Mary Prather.
Through White House officials, Trump has denied the affair, although Cohen has admitted paying Daniels $130,000 as part of the agreement. In May, Trump said Daniels was paid to stop "false and extortionist accusations". Trump, who was married at the time of the alleged affair, has disputed her claims.
The arrest happened because Daniels, legal name Stephanie Clifford, purportedly violated an OH law by allowing a patron to touch her.
- Indiana Insurers Impacted By Trump Administration ACA Payments Freeze
- Anderson, Isner in second-longest Wimbledon singles match
- At FBI Agent's Hearing, Congressman Shades Republicans Who Also Criticized Trump
- Nord Stream-2 Gas Pipeline will be awful for Germany and North Atlantic Treaty Organisation
- Trump Attacks CNN, NBC in Joint Press Conference With British Prime Minister
- Trump says he is 'stable genius' after securing extra North Atlantic Treaty Organisation funding
- Papa John's logo to change after founder uses N-word
- We're no heroes, says United Kingdom cave diver Volanthen
- Pliskova latest star to fall at Wimbledon
- Djokovic leads Nadal as Wimbledon semi-final halted for night