Just over two weeks after she was crowned the World's Ugliest Dog, Zsa Zsa, an English bulldog with a penchant for pink and a perpetually lolling tongue, has died.
"She is just so ugly, she's attractive", Brainard told the New York Times last month.
Her owner was awarded $1,500 for Zsa Zsa's win.
Zsa Zsa gained worldwide attention after winning the 2018 World's Ugliest Dog contest last month, which was held in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Zsa Zsa was about nine years old when she passed away, which is about the life expectancy for the breed.
"From the moment we saw her attractive face, we knew we would be her forever home", her owners said in a statement on the contest's website. "We were all saying our goodbyes and Mareslie went right over and gave her a kiss".
Brainard said Zsa Zsa never really showed much excitement, but that she knew she was special. The dog had previously been rescued from a puppy mill in Missouri when she was 5 years old, according to the newspaper.
The English bulldog was reportedly named after Hungarian-American actress Zsa Zsa Gabor.
- U.S. convict's execution blocked by drug company
- Crowning glory for Netflix with Emmy nomination success
- Pliskova latest star to fall at Wimbledon
- Trump lands fresh blow on PM after attacking Brexit plan
- There's only one Blockbuster store left in the United States
- Peter Strzok to be 'RECALLED FOR CONTEMPT' After Fiery Testimony — CAPITOL CLASH
- China trade surplus with United States hits historic high & timing couldn’t be worse
- Charles Oakley gets arrested for alleged cheating at a casino
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation survives Trump, but the turmoil is leaving scars
- We're no heroes, says United Kingdom cave diver Volanthen